Lenovo Phab Plus - No Power



Submitted by : Mr. Stantz //
Back about 5 years ago I experienced this same problem with my Ainol Tablet, there is no power, no nothing. I remember doing almost everything I can think of such as pressing the power for about 20 seconds, pressing the power and down button simultaneously, pressing the up and down button simultaneously, tapping the tablet into the heel of my palm, all these I did it to my tablet, but alas, nothing changed. So the very first thing I thought of is how to reset it. But the problem is the battery is non-removable, so I went to a repair shop in a Mall near our residence. There were a handful of these stores that solves your "No Power" "No Signal" "Open Line" "Password" of your gadgets. And it costs me a 1,000 pesos (U.S. $20) to repair it. I also asked what is the reason for this problem and he said "do not let the battery drain to zero." That is it, that is the only problem. Never let the battery of your gadget be drained to zero. 

So now, I am faced with this problem again with my Lenovo Phab Plus. The last thing that I did is to unplugged the charger and it registered a 53% charging, since I will be going out, It is my habit not to leave my gadgets and other electrical devices plugged or running. I left it with the charging cable in the charging port of the phone while the power of the charger is unplugged. My only suspicion on how the Lenovo phone got discharged to the point of zero is probably in the circuit of the charger. There are electronic circuits most of the time like chargers that is equip with "bleeders". These "bleeders" are responsible in the discharging of latent voltages from devices that might electric shocked a person when  their certain metal part is touched.   

My Lenovo has no power and I replicated all the things I did to my previous tablet from pressing the power button to tapping the phone but nada, nothing changed. Its so frustrating. A lot of things slowly creeping in my mind such as the reason it was sold is there is a problem, that is why I got it for a bargain. Because I bought it second hand. Again I thought of how to reset the gadget, I was thinking of going to the repairman, then it entered my mind that one way to hard reset is to drain the gadget's battery to nil or zero as in nothing. But the battery is again non-removable. So the only way is
I just left it in my drawer for 3 days ( to be sure leave it for 5 to 7 days if the 3 days did not work) without doing anything even pushing the power button for a second. And on the third day I connected the charger and let it charge (maybe, crossing my finger). After 30 mins I tried pressing the power button and "lo and behold" there is indication of charging, it says 6% charging and the time is 00:00, so it means it started dead (battery). In my ecstasy, I let it charge for 2 hours, then I turned it on and now happily using it again.             
Share on Google Plus

0 comments: