Extend your athletic stamina by many folds








Submitted by : likehealth //

I will not talked about the details of my life and how I like and learn to swim. I will be assuming that you already know how to swim. But this blog is for those that seem to have a hard time extending their distance in swimming. Such as :

1. Can't even finish swimming a lap ( 50 meters ).
2. After swimming a lap ( 50 meters ) you have to do bubbles or breathing to catch your breath.
3. After swimming a lap you continue to the second lap immediately and gets too tired to reach the end of the second lap.
4. After doing 6 to to 8 lapses with in-between bubbles or breathing you can't continue anymore because of exhaustion.

These are what I still experience after 25 years of swimming, when I was about 35 years old but I still continued swimming in a weekly ( once a week ) routine. Until I included honey in my daily diet. You may have heard a lot of featured stories, topics, health news, blogs etc. praising how honey is full of vitamins, minerals and all the other good things what your body can benefit from this product, which is virtually true. A few months after I started taking honey every morning about a tablespoon, I tried swimming continuously ( after a lap I swam the next lap ) for 10 laps then bubbles and swam the next 10 laps. At first I am still catching my breath but after a few weeks I've noticed that I am not getting weak that much. Until a friend told me that I can do it much longer distance, its just a matter of muscle conditioning he said. So I can swim the 20 laps for about 2 hours which includes socializing while swimming. Another friend introduced to me the paddles, it is used to strenghten the swimming stroke and I liked it. It divides the time of my swimming into half.

Presently, or as of this writing, I am now doing 40 laps ( 2 kms ) without stops with paddles in just about an hour and doing it twice a week. Which is not bad, because I've talked to a friend who just joined a beginners triathlon race and he said the swimming event is a 2 kms swim in 45 mins at max to stay on the race. Considering my age, distance and time to finish within race standards I feel that it is already an accomplishment for me. 

Also, to maintain all the honey's beneficial nutrients, never subject it to temperatures higher than our body's temperature, that is about 40 degrees centigrade. Remember, whenever ever a person has a fever, his temperature is closely monitored and is not allowed to exceed 40 degrees or else possible convulsion might sets in. Honey is sensitive just like our cells, exceeding a certain temperature destroys them.    

Hope this short article gave some important pointers. 


credits to the owner : images used.  
Share on Google Plus

0 comments: